Sorry. This form is no longer available.
Olde Towne Nipomo Family Christmas Parade
Please Fill out Entry Form Below
Parade Event: December 8th 2019
INFORMATION: Call (805) 868-7951 or Email: email@example.com – Please do not call about Parade position! The Parade order will be posted online on the Parade Facebook page and will be emailed to all registered participants two days prior to the event.
ENTRY FEE: There is no entry fee for the parade.
PARTICIPANTS: Placards for parade participation will be distributed during parade check-in to the person who signs in for your group. These placards will help to identify parade participants and should be placed on vehicles in a visible location. Walking groups are not required to carry the placard.
PARADE LINE-UP INFORMATION: Registration will open at 3:45 p.m. Entrants should be lined up by 4:15 p.m. The parade starts at 4:45 pm. Staging will be in the Adobe Plaza parking lot. Parade officials will greet you as you enter the area, giving you directions as to where to stage. For safety purposes, all entrants will stage first, check in second.You must check in. Please do so on foot, or send someone to do so.
The Registration booth for check-ins will be located in the Adobe Plaza parking lot and will be clearly marked
Entry number placards and final instructions will be issued to you at the registration booth.
If you have any questions or problems there will be Parade officials available and happy to help you.
PARADE RULES AND REGULATIONS FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL RESULT IN REMOVAL OR DISQUALIFICATION!
1. Entries should be lined up 4:15 p.m. The parade starts at 4:45 p.m. Registration will open at 3:45 p.m.
All entrants are to obtain entry number and final instructions at the registration area located in the parking lot at the Adobe Plaza. The parade order will be posted at this location. Please do not move into the parade route until a parade official instructs you to do so.
2. Entry number must be clearly visible on each side of the parade entry.
3. ENTRANTS ARE NOT TO THROW ITEMS OF ANY KIND ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE DUE TO THE POTENTIAL INJURY TO CHILDREN RUNNING INTO THE STREET TO COLLECT THEM. PARTICIPANTS WHO DO SO WILL BE SUBJECT TO DISMISSAL FROM THE PARADE ROUTE.
4. Once a vehicle/float arrives for the parade line-up, a representative of the group must remain with the vehicle at all times in case the vehicle may need to be moved or repositioned.
5. There must be 30 feet between each entry along the parade route. Try to keep up with the group in front of you, so
there will not be large gaps in the parade.
6. FORWARD MOTION MUST BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES. Please do not stop independently of other entries in front of or behind you. Drive cautiously and watch for pedestrians, spectators and other vehicles.
7. Floats should be self-propelled. Commercial floats may carry the name of the sponsoring firm or organization in
addition to the parade theme.
8. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES WILL BE ALLOWED!!
9. Political entries should be in keeping with the parade theme.
10. Any entry, which is deemed hazardous to entries or the audience (i.e. bike jumping, trick riding, etc.), will not be permitted in the parade. If helmets are required for safety reasons please ensure your group is dresses appropriately.
11. It is suggested that parade participants be in uniform, costume, or appropriately dressed.
12. All entries must be approved by the Parade Committee. The Committee reserves the right to change parade categories or reject the entry.
13. The Christmas Parade committee is not responsible for false statements made by parade entrants.
14. Late entries will be placed at the END of the parade if time and space allow.
15. The parade concludes in front of Gala De Arte. Parents should coordinate to pick their children up at this location upon completion of the parade.
16. By entering this parade you agree to abide by these Rules and Regulations. Not abiding by these Rules and Regulations may result in the group’s exclusion or expulsion from the parade by the San Luis Obispo (SLO) Sheriff’s Department.
17. The Nipomo Christmas Committee reserves the right to have the SLO Sheriff’s Dept. remove any person, groups, or float deemed inappropriate for any reason from the parade. Obey all directions from Police Officials and parade officials or event staff.
18. Please DO NOT CALL to request your entry number prior to the parade or to make special requests concerning the parade line up.
19. PLEASE HELP US ENSURE THAT THIS NIPOMO CHRISTMAS PARADE IS A SAFE ONE FOR EVERYONE.